Northway Church longs to be used as God’s Change Agents in the World. Our vision is grand and calls for virtually all members to join in! Consider responding to the following challenges:
Our goal is to see at least 80% of our able-bodied adults and students…
- Serve at Northway on a Ministry Team and…
- Participate in at least three service projects in our community and region each year and…
- Go on at least one short-term mission trip within the next three years.
We’ve also challenged our Small Groups to serve side by side in Service Projects at least three times each year.
It’s ambitious, but it’s absolutely what we believe God has called us to be!
NORTHWAY Ministry teams
God has gifted every one of His followers with special gifts that are necessary for the church to function as He has designed. Northway challenges you to find your place of ministry on one of our many Ministry Teams. If you’re not sure how to plug in, contact Lizzy Mills, our Ministries Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started right away!
local ministry partners
Northway has carefully chosen Strategic Mission Partners within our community and region. Our commitment is both “boots on the ground” as well as financial assistance to ensure the success of our partnerships. Be watching church publications for how you can get engaged, including a Monthly Shopping List!
- Interfaith of The Woodlands is a non-profit social service agency providing numerous rograms and services to meet the needs of The Woodlands and the surrounding area. Programs include senior services including senior transportation, the Interfaith Child Development Center, child care The Woodlands, employment services, family services, a food pantry, job assistance, job counseling, crisis assistance, and workforce services.
- PACN (Pregnancy Assistance Center North) is a non-profit pregnancy medical clinic that offers confidential services for women and men. They believe clients deserve access to unbiased, client-centered care that is relevant, compassionate and accurate, particularly when facing an unplanned pregnancy or sexual health concern. These services are available at no cost to clients.Their centers offer pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, pregnancy consultations and medically accurate information about all pregnancy options.
- Compassion United has been serving the poor, homeless, youth, addicted and afflicted of Montgomery County since 2006. Through outreach, relief and empowerment initiatives, they have seen hundreds of people come out of homelessness and find a new and abundant life. Many Northwegians volunteer individually and even some of our Small Groups join together monthly to serve.
- Star of Hope is a Christ-centered community dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless men, women and their children. Positive life changes are encouraged through structured programs which focus on spiritual growth, education, employment, life management and recovery from substance abuse.
- The mission of Kairos Prison Ministry is to share the transforming love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ to impact the hearts and lives of incarcerated men, women and youth, as well as their families, to become loving and productive citizens of their communities.”I was in prison and you visited me” — Matthew 25:36
global mission partners
- Northway has partnered with 127 Worldwide in a grand vision of orphan and widow care. Throughout the year, we support their many ministry partners around the world and coordinate mission trips to engage on the ground with them.
- Our most recent addition to our Global Mission Partners is Sigua Village Impact in Siguatepeque, Honduras. Through our partnership with Third Gen Coffee, a local coffee shop whose owner actually owns a coffee farm near the village, Northway is developing a relationship with local ministries to feed children, build shelters and sanitation facilities, and much more. A portion of our own retail coffee, roasted and sold weekly, goes to support this effort.
- Acres of Hope Uganda is a Christ centered community for vulnerable children and widows. Located in Nebbi, Uganda, shelter, food, clean water, medical attention, a good education, the love of Christ and hope for a future are just some of the things found at Acres of Hope. Since forming the partnership in 2016, Northway Church has assisted in the building of a school building, sponsored over a dozen children, provided physical needs, and visited multiple times.