As we make our way through the Summer on the Mount series, we’ll be offering up some very special challenges to think deeply about each section. Our first challenge is to memorize the eight beatitudes found as the introduction by Jesus to His famous sermon. We’re asking every Northwegian to be ready to recite the beatitudes at their Small Group on Sunday, June 24.
We’re adding special incentives for our kids:
- Kids that recite the beatitudes to their group leader on Sunday morning, June 24 will receive a bonus 10 tokens for the Trading Post.
- PLUS: For each parent that correctly recites the beatitudes, kids get an additional 10 tokens! (Parents will need to recite the beatitudes in front of their kids in their child’s class – either at the beginning or at the end of class.)
- That means kids can earn up to 30 tokens on June 24!!
- The Trading Post will be open following service that morning.
- Use the translation that works best for you. We’ve included the ESV version below.
Matthew 5:3-10 ESV
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.